Thank you, Deepti Menon, for nominating my website for the Liebster Blog Award!
- Link back and thank the blogger who nominated you in your post.
- List 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you.
- Pick 5 – 10 new bloggers (must have less than 300 followers) to nominate and ask them 11 new questions.
- Do not re-nominate the blogger that nominated you.
- Go to each new blogger’s site and inform them of their nomination.
To learn more about the Liebster Award, check out this post by Deepti Menon
9 random facts about myself
- As a child my ultimate dream was to be the Rasna Girl and drink 25 glasses of Rasna in one shot.
- I never say no to tea.
- I have arachnophobia.
- I am a Sylvia Plath addict
- I love cats
- My sister and I once had a pet rat.
- During my teens I used to seek the company of my sister to watch horror movies. She was 5 years old then.
- When I read Christopher Marlowe’s Doctor Faustus in college, I was so moved by Doctor Faustus’ suffering that I wrote my own ending to the play in blank verse.
- I love breaking rules 🙂
Here are the questions asked by Deepti Menon, which I enjoyed answering..
1. Name three secrets that you never told anyone.
a) I have always dreamt of buying a beach house.
b) I have always wanted to live in an artists’ colony.
c) I would love to live in a new country every 7 years. Make new friends, soak up a whole new culture..
2. If you won the lottery, what would be the first thing you would do?
I would buy a beach house and live happily ever after with my husband.
3. Looking over the last ten years, what is one goal you have achieved and one that you have not achieved?
Publishing my novella Pyar Aur Poetry has been a significant achievement for me in the last ten years.
4. What are your plans for retirement? And will you travel, if so where and why?
Writers never retire. I hope to write as long as I can.
5. Favourite drink on a Friday night?
A glass of red or white wine.
6. What do you think the secret is to a good marriage or relationship with a significant other is?
Lots and lots of laughter and love.
7. Name three words that describe your personality.
Imaginative, generous and carefree
8. Home-cooked meal or take-out?
Take out or food cooked by my mother or mother in law.
9. When was the last time you blogged and what was the topic?
April. I had posted a book review of Bhargavi Balachandran’s The Crossover Year. Do check it out here.
10. What do you think the key is to happiness?
There is no formula for happiness. But doing what one loves is a good start.
11. Who is your favourite poet and why?
Sylvia Plath. Her poems are haunting.
Questions asked by Roopa
- Why do you blog?
- A book that haunted you..
- If you got a chance to bottle your favourite memories, which ones would you choose?
- A turning point in your life was…
- If you could pick a movie that resembles your life….
- Do you have any book, movie, TV show, cartoon that you would like to write fan fiction for? If yes- why?
- A poem that you can recite from memory
- You can’t get enough of…
- Alan Lightman’s book Einstein’s dreams ( a personal favourite of mine)is a fictional collage of stories dreamed by Albert Einstein in 1905, when he worked in a patent office in Switzerland. As this sensitive young genius creates his theory of relativity, he imagines many possible worlds with different conceptions of time. Time is circular, linear, lasts for one day, stands still in each of these worlds. If you had a choice to choose your concept of time in your world- what would it be and why?
- What would your epitaph say?
My Liebster nominations are:
- Zeenat Mahal
- Neelima Vinod